Things To Do in Tupelo, MS
Tupelo, Mississippi is a town that features big town attractions without losing small town authenticity. From the time you arrive in the hospitality state, you are sure to find new friends, great places to stay and exciting attractions to visit. Here are a few of the highlights:
- The most significant landmark in Tupelo is the Birthplace of Elvis Presley™. This humble home is where the King of Rock ‘N’ Roll was born and raised and is now part of a museum dedicated to his memory.
- Tupelo has many fun festivals and events throughout the year. Each June there is the Elvis™ Festival dedicated to celebrating Elvis™ and his music. Check out our city calendar to see what is planned.
- Downtown Main Street features many fun places to shop and to eat! Enjoy strolling the streets where Elvis™ walked as a child and visiting stores that he may have shopped in like the famous Tupelo Hardware Store where Elvis’™ mother bought his first guitar.
- The largest Automobile Museum this side of the Mississippi is located in Tupelo. With 120,000 square feet of classic, collectible and dream automobiles on display for your viewing pleasure, including cars that were owned by Elvis.
- Check out the iconic statue of Elvis™ located in Fairpark – available day or night for viewing free of charge.
- Tupelo is the home to a wide range of eating establishments from national chains to local favorites. There is sure to be an option that will fit your palate and your budget. Many feature live music – follow the link to see what’s happening in Tupelo!
Elvis™, Elvis Presley™ and The King™ are trademarks of ABG EPE IP LLC. Rights of Publicity and Persona Rights for Elvis Presley are used with permission of ABG EPEIP LLC. Photo © 2015 ABG EPE IP LLC.